Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My dream...

I was hungry, but I wasn't hungry. I kept walking. The change in my wallet jingled at my side. There a surprising amount of traffic, I think there was even more lanes. "How odd" I thought. I just kept walking. A tiny black smart car was one of the many cars parked along the street. A man wearing cargo pants and a black wife beater was ducked in the passenger side with a big gone. I swallowed.
I veered off the sidewalk to a path that ran parallel to the sidewalk, I didn't remember the path being there. I kept walking. I followed path a ways until there were trees blocking the street. That’s when I noticed a brick building right next to me. It looked like how I pictured a community college. There were 5 girls in the front doing yoga.
I kept walking until I came to a tiny street lined with restaurants. I stopped at one to eat lunch. The one I stopped at was decorated in pistachio green. There were only a few booth and it was setup like a Five Guys. I quickly learned that the people who owned it were the same people who owned my favorite pizza place when I was 5 (and lived in southern Indiana, a hour and a half from where I thought I was). My two best friends from Indiana were there to. My one friend’s best friend’s parents owned the restaurant.
I took a forever to order, I finally ordered some chocolate thing. After I finished my chocolate thing I ordered a cucumber hummus sandwich, which is a sandwich, but instead of bread there is cucumber halves. I ate my sandwich at my booth and my old friends showed up. We talked. Fore some reason I didn't find it odd that they were there.
Then I woke up.

1 comment:

  1. That's a unique dream. I enjoyed your writing style. I'd like to hear more someday soon!

    ReplyDelete