Thursday, January 16, 2014

A Year

My birthday is coming up and I have been composing a list of things to do in my upcoming year. I am trying to find one thing to do for every day of year. My list is composed of things I have never done, am afraid of, or have been putting off.  So far I have 12 things, out of 365. My goal is to fave my fears and live in the moment.
The first thing on my list is to light a match; a task I have never done and am terrified of. Ever since I was little I had a fear of fire. You have to tell most kids not to play with fire, but that wasn't the case for me. The second thing on my list is another thing I am scared of: stand out in a storm. There is something about thunder and lightning that terrify me, even though the chances of me getting hurt are a million to one. My list goes on to say other things of the sort such as, read a book in a weekend, watch "Psycho", and other things of the sort. I am no where near done and only have a couple of mouths left, but I think any task I can do will help. 

3 comments: